Houston area specialists in elbow pain conditions
The elbow is a versatile joint that can hinge and rotate, with major muscle groups (biceps and triceps) and bones (humerus, radius, ulna) at play. While the elbow is generally less prone to wear-and-tear damage than other joints, elbow pain can be debilitating and require immediate attention.
At Advocate Pain Management, our Houston and Pasadena doctors are specialists in chronic elbow pain, and take an individualized approach to diagnosing and treating elbow pain.
We have treated all types of elbow conditions in patients, from professional athletes and hard laborers to weekend warriors and casual gardeners. We stay up to date with the latest technologies and techniques for treating not only the symptoms of elbow pain, but also the cause.
Some common causes of elbow pain include:
• Overuse — Repetitive motions performed during sports, work and hobbies can wear down the joint
• Tennis elbow — Injury or inflammation to the tendons attached to the outer bone of the elbow (lateral epicondyle)
• Golfer’s elbow — Injury or inflammation to the tendons attached to the inner bone of the elbow (medial epicondyle)
• Bursitis — Irritation or inflammation of one or more bursa sacs that protect the elbow and reduce friction
• Arthritis — Osteoarthritis, osteochondritis dissecans, rheumatoid arthritis
• Trauma — Common injuries that cause elbow pain include bone fractures, elbow dislocation, and sprains and strains to the soft tissue
• Nerve damage — Trapped or irritated nerves
Solutions for chronic elbow pain
The doctors at Advocate Pain Management Clinic use every resource possible to reduce or eliminate elbow pain and avoid surgery. After diagnosing the problem, our specialists create an individualized treatment plan that may include medication management, physical therapy and interventional pain procedures.